España square, Plaça de Dins and San Lorenzo
The Plaça de Dins in a snowfall in the 50s
Inside the Plaça there was a market with fish and meat shops until the 40s.
Despite its origin being the San Agustín cloister, its current appearance is from the XVIII century.
This tower in Santa María's facade was built in 1928 after the facade's columns. It lasted for 8 years before demolishing the church in 1936.
This building with an access arc to the Plaça de Dins was built in the 1840s, beacuse of its recent opening.
Before widening the Santo Tomás street, this space was called "del Carme" square, where some market shops were located.
Evolution of Santa Maria's appearance from 1890 to 2015.
España square buildings about 1910. In the Calderón theater there's a "Cinema" sign. Also, the central fountain can be seen.
A 40s photo, with the bell tower under construction. Also a view of some houses on the square.
San Agustín church in the 20s. Some parts of its facade were reformed at the beginning of the century, but not everyone approved it.
A close-up photo of the square's fountain.
"El Comercio", travellers' home, located in the most centric place of Alcoy"- Guías Arco 1908
Gonçal Barrachina and Casablanca crossing in the 60s. Soler Bar.
España square crowded in the 20s. San Agustín and City Hall in the background.
City Hall's decoration in 1876 to celebrate the 6th centenary of the battle that originated the Moors and Christians tradition in Alcoy.
The City Hall and San Lorenzo street in the decade of 1920.
General view of España square. It's composed of three photos: in the 1900s, in the 30s and nowadays.
San Lorenzo street at the beginning of the XX century. There still were houses with their facade misaligned. They were rebuilt later.
San Lorenzo street, called "Liberty street" during the II Republic.
San Lorenzo street in the early 1900s.
Entrance to the Plaça de Dins from San Lorenzo street. There used to be a fountain in the middle of the street.
Another San Lorenzo photo. In the background there's an advertisement of a soccer match.
Mosén Torregrosa street in mid XX centrury.
Another view of Mosén Torregrosa, before the construction of the building on San Juan's corner.
The "Fuente del Oro", was called that way because of its original name "Fuente de Honoro".
Entrance to the Plaça de Dins from San Juan street.
San Lorenzo street in the 20s.
San Lorenzo street at the beginning of the century.
San Lorenzo comerces in the middle of the XX century.
España square from Santa María church
Mayor street once St. Maria church was demolished